Thursday, January 17, 2013

Happy New Year...

Happy New Day...
Happy New Hour...
Happy New Minute!


I have decided to keep it simple this year.
One resolution that for once will not fall short
of my usual unrealistic expectations.

This year my success will not be
outwardly measurable.

This year my success will be measured in the
number of deep breaths I take...
It will be measured in the moments that
I release myself from the worry that constantly plagues me...
It will be measured in the moments when I can be still...
It will be measured in the number of times
I remind myself to stop and pay attention to
This day...
This hour...
This minute.


My one resolution for 2013 is very simply this...

"Live quietly in the moment and see the 
beauty of all before you.
The future will take care of itself"
Paramahansa Yogananda


Hopefully this simple shift in my
thought processes will bring about
a metamorphosis from my usually
tightly-wound, weighted-down self
into a lighter, unencumbered,
mellower version of myself.

This resolution will be an ongoing transformation
and certainly many years of old habits will be hard to break.

If I struggle I will look
 to my son for guidance.
Unknowingly this is how he lives.
He is impervious to the things
of this world that keep
the rest of us from being
attentive to the now.


Scotty is utterly present in every moment of the day
with absolutely no worries for the future.

He lives each day, each hour and each minute to its fullest.

He throws, yells, and pounds on walls
with no thought to the consequences that will follow.
( A little extreme I know, but it fits the formula! )

He absorbs every drop of happiness that each moment offers.

He looks towards the future with excitement
and certainty that it will be filled with wonderful things.


 He just takes it as it comes...
Day by Day♥


I aspire to join my sweet boy 
in his simple and uncomplicated world each day,
and live quietly in the moments
of our very routine, very repetitive,
very monotonous and very ordinary days.

Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow,
for tomorrow will be anxious for itself.
Let the day's trouble be sufficient for the day.
Matthew 6:34





No comments:

Post a Comment