Wednesday, November 21, 2012

In All Things Give Thanks


Thanksgiving is time to pause...a time for counting blessings.  Blessings are gifts which I have in great abundance.  Blessings that if counted would fill the pages of a very lengthy book, but all blessings are small and insignificant when compared to these.
♥I am so thankful for this man and the life we share...
...And for these beautiful souls that take my breath away♥








...And I am so very thankful for our Babs♥




I am thankful for our family.
Those that are still with us...


















                                            

...And those that have left us behind.
















I am thankful for our friends who hold us up 
and hold onto us when times are difficult.
They are our safe places,
they are our happy places,
and they are the cornerstones of
normalcy in our very abnormal life.

I am especially thankful for this noisy,
exhausting, impossible life we have been given.
I am thankful for the chaos that marks our days,
because inside the pandemonium we have been
witnesses to  thousands of tiny miracles. 
Moments that seem commonplace to most
are for us instances of something extraordinary.

Today my whirling, twirling, rambunctious, chair throwing
son sat quietly with me for an hour
and played cards and looked at books.
To most mothers...just a Tuesday afternoon.
To this mother...a miracle.

Every single day I am overcome with thankfulness
for any small moment of something extraordinary.
I am humbled that I have
been chosen as a witness to these miracles.
I am humbled that I have been chosen to be Scotty's mom.



 The child must know that he is a miracle,
that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been,
and until the end of the world there will not be,
another child like him.
-Pablo Casals-
 
Happy Thanksgiving


P.S. Stevi and Sarah Rose...I love you both so very much and I hate that we are apart, but I am so thankful that the two of you are together and sharing a "Sistersgiving".
Take lots of "good times" pics for me...and promise me you will go easy on the Arbor Mist!

 Happy Thanksgiving baby girls♥♥♥Moo



2 comments:

  1. Joanne, Thank You so much for writing this blog. Part of the reason I maintain a blog about diabetes is so that I can connect with others who deal with the same struggles and issues that I do. There are lots of people with diabetes who do the same thing.

    But with Angelman, every perspective I encounter is in reference to one person: my brother Daniel. There's just not that much of an AS "community" out there. I'm so thankful that you've given me the chance to see these interactions, thoughts, and feelings through a different family's eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scott I look so forward to your comments. I save them in fact I quoted you in my post-Perks of being a Wallflower. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.
      Joanne

      Delete