Thursday, November 29, 2012

Did you know...

...That Santa Claus 
is Coming to Town???  

Well according to this extremely, ridiculously
over-excited young man it is a fact!
Santa WILL be coming down a chimney near you
very soon with a bag overflowing with
guitars, babies, slinkys, whoopie cushions and PUPPIES♥

As soon as the first Christmas decorations
appear in the stores the Santa vigil begins.
Of course these days that is about mid September
so according to my calculations
that equals approximately
91 days of the following litany...

100 times a day he signs Christmas Tree.
100 times a day he points to the calendar and signs Santa.
100 times a day he marches around the house
 anxiously awaiting the Christmas Parade
on Main Street in the Christmas Capitol of Texas.
100 times a day he asks for a Christmas Party.
100 times a day he points to the chimney
and says Ho Ho Ho.

Translation...
500 times a day I have to say,
"Soon,"
or
" In a couple of weeks."
And in the true holiday spirit he responds
with a festive bang, yell or arm folding harumph.
 
What truly amazes me is that for the approximate 91 days
of his personal Santa vigil
he runs downstairs and heads straight for the tree...
hoping beyond all reason that today is the day 
that it will be filled with brightly wrapped packages.



Hebrews 11:1  Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.

Read more: http://www.whatchristianswanttoknow.com/bible-verses-about-hope-20-uplifting-scripture-quotes/#ixzz2DX4ArDd9
Hope is really an amazing thing...
we all have it even in seemingly hopeless situations. 
 It is unexplainable and as my friend Gerry always said,
 "It's a God thing."
Hope is really nothing more than faith lived out.

I have made no secret of the fact that we are going through a difficult time right now with Scotty and our days can be challenging and exhausting to say the least.  One morning my husband and I had a few quiet moments before our usually irascible bear awoke from his slumber and we were able to have a conversation that wasn't punctuated by growls and snarls from our feisty little cub.  My first cup of coffee in my hand fortifying myself for the day I said to him, "How is it possible that I wake up every single day with renewed hope that today will be a better day...that today will be the day our life that has temporarily deviated from its once manageable course will once again right itself?"

"How is it that I perpetually hope against 
all hope that today will be the day?"
There is only one answer...
It is a God thing.

So each morning Scotty and I will run down the stairs, 
my beautiful boy will be hoping for Santa...
As for me, I will be hoping beyond all hope
 that today is the day...


Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, 
the conviction of things not seen.
Hebrews 11:1 
This is one of my all time favorite pictures.
 1987




Hebrews 11:1  Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.

Read more: http://www.whatchristianswanttoknow.com/bible-verses-about-hope-20-uplifting-scripture-quotes/#ixzz2DX4ArDd9
Hebrews 11:1  Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.

Read more: http://www.whatchristianswanttoknow.com/bible-verses-about-hope-20-uplifting-scripture-quotes/#ixzz2DX4ArDd9

No comments:

Post a Comment