Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Can Everyday Be A Beach Day?




I found this photo on Scotty's camera. 
 It was taken over the edge of the deck.  
Initially I couldn't figure out what 
the black spots in the sand were, 
and then I realized it was a single set of footprints.

Looking at this I am profoundly reminded,
once again, of all the times that God has 
carried us all on this journey we are on with Scotty.  


The Lord replied, "My precious, precious child. 
I love you, and I would never, never leave you 
during your times of trial and suffering. 
When you saw only one set of footprints,
It was then that I carried you." 
Footprints in the Sand

On about day three of our recent vacation we all were comfortably settled into our "beach" routine.  Steve and I were beginning to experience the usually elusive phenomenon called relaxation...the state of being free from tension and anxiety. 

We were sitting on the deck enjoying a few moments of peace and quiet before our little noise machine woke up and I asked him how can we make every day a beach day?  Is that even possible?

Doubtful, but surely we can do some things each day that remind us to relax and to breath and seek a place of calmness and peace. 

 We can wake up early to see the sunrise.



We can close our eyes and remember the 
hypnotic, rhythmic, soothing sound 
of the ocean outside our window.



We can put away all things electronic 
and lose ourselves inside the pages of a book.



We can remember to laugh.



We can remember to play.


We can nap.




We can wander aimlessly seeking only
exquisite examples of God's handiwork
that surrounds us.



( I see three perfect examples right there♥)

We can take off our shoes 
and stick our toes in the sand, 
or the grass and ground ourselves 
in the feel of the earth beneath us.


We can remember to count our 
blessings and for 
the gift of our family .


We can seek rainbows 
and the promises they hold.


We can remember that no matter 
how big our storm is on any given day...
we can always choose to dance in the rain.



No doubt that God will continue to carry us on his shoulders in the days to come, but for a few weeks we were able to stand on our own...five sets of footprints walking alongside God for a brief time in His peace and in His love.

All of our footprints in the sand have long since washed away, but the memories we made and the peace we found will remain.


Now as Steve and I try desperately to hold fast
to our "beachy" state of mind our 
young son seems to do so effortlessly.
Of course that relaxed state of mind is always on his terms, 
but when he is at peace he is the King of relaxation.


And Jesus said, 
"Come to me all who are weary 
and burdened and I will give you rest."
Matthew 11:28

1 comment:

  1. Great Job. I loved photo #2. I really enjoy how you add scripture to bring meaning into your family's photos.
    Thank you for posting. Take care and God bless

    ReplyDelete