Wednesday, June 12, 2013

This Little Light of Mine


Let your light shine before men,
that they may see your good deeds
and praise your Father in heaven.
Matthew 5:16



God shouts at me...a lot...and He is so incredibly loud.  Perhaps it is necessary to vociferate so loudly in order to be heard over the noise and chaos that is the soundtrack of our life.  I share this mainly as a preliminary explanation for this week's post.

Last week when I finished my blog post I typed in "This Little Light of Mine"  at the top of my next post with no firm idea where I was going to go with it, but I felt strongly that this was going to be my topic for the coming week.  I have never done that before. A week later I sat staring blankly at the computer and contemplating exactly where I was going to go with this preordained title when this popped up in my inbox:

" Today I google image searched the word angel. 
I saw the cute picture of your son sitting on the sidewalk
 with 2 dogs in his lap.
I thought to myself this is a photo of a human form angel. 
 He was so pure, bright, happy, and angel-like...
This is love! Your family and faith encourage 
me to love more then I've ever loved before.
 God is so wonderful... 
An angel led me to your blog today. Why?
So you could touch my heart and bear witness to me.
God really is amazing!!!"

 I think this is the picture she must have seen.
She is so right...the light that shines off of this boy of ours
is so "bright, happy and angel-like."

And the very next day this little gem showed up on my Facebook page:

Logo3l 

...the world is warmer with your inner light shining.
When you shine your light, you encourage others 
to do the same and your life becomes surrounded 
by the warmth and love of those you share a path with.


So there you have it. God didn't help me write my blog this week...He just went ahead and wrote it for me♥
I do know one thing for sure, and that is I need to keep sharing stories about this little light of mine.  His life has meaning, it has purpose and it has value.  He has touched the place of light in the hearts of so many.

Scotty boy you have led us all sharply off the path we had planned...the one we had so carefully mapped out long before you were born, and we will continue to faithfully walk hand in hand with you...basking in your warmth and love on this path along side of you no matter where it takes us.



Trust in the Lord with all your heart, 
and do not lean on your own understanding. 
In all your ways acknowledge him, 
 and he will make straight your paths. 
Proverbs 3:5-6

P.S. To my new friend Elle...Welcome to the Sandbox!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Joanne
    you just maid me smile, I mean crazy lady smile. I am so happy that God used me to help you write your BLOG. That is so cool. I love it!!!
    Yes, that was the picture I saw, in my google search.
    Your new friend Elle

    ReplyDelete