Wednesday, April 24, 2013

All Dogs Go to Heaven

   
    And God made the beasts of the earth
according to their kinds...
 And God saw that it was good.
Genesis 1:25
 
 
So good.
Fourteen years ago Santa brought
us this little red-headed beauty.
We named her Lucy.
 And she loved us.
Two years later she blessed us with a whole pile of puppies!!
 
 
 
It was so hard to let them go,
but each little fluffy ball of love found a home with a friend.
Maggie, Copper, Nicky, Mac, Ace,
Baron, Beau, Colby and Peanut.
Looking back as a family, I am certain we would all
agree, that this was one of our happiest memories.
 
 
 
 
We kept this little beauty...our little Gracie Girl.
And she loved us.
Sadly,the sweetest dog that there ever was left us
today to join her mama in heaven.
 
 
 
Our hearts are broken.

 


 
 
When Scotty got up this morning we
 told him that Gracie was in heaven.
To Scotty heaven is up.
So today as he points towards heaven we will add our
 sweet Gracie Girl to his litany
of those we love that now live in heaven.
 
 
 
We will never understand how his brain processes such a loss.
I do know this though...it is not with sadness.
This boy of ours whose whole body vibrates with joy
over the simplest of things...does not seem to feel the
weight of sadness the rest of us are destined to experience.
 
He will cry if there is sad music or a sad part in a movie,
and he will cry if he is hurt,
so he does have the capacity to feel sad...
just not about such a loss.

At times having Angelman Sydrome is truly a blessing.
 
Or...perhaps, as I have often times suspected,
he knows all the secrets of the universe and just understands
things that us mere mortals in our limited
minds will never be able to comprehend
and he realizes there is nothing to be sad about.
 
 
I envy him.
 ♥Oh how she loved (tolerated) him♥
 
Today as Scotty points towards heaven and signs dog,
I will wipe the tears from my eyes and
be grateful beyond words
that for this boy of ours,
today is just a day like any other,
a day full of surprises
and a day full of joy.
 
 
I will also feel blessed that each time
the sadness overwhelms me,
he will be waiting to wrap me in
a bear hug, pat me gently on the back,
and kiss my forehead.


♥Rest in Peace Gracie Girl♥
You had the sweetest face and the softest ears.
You were a good and faithful friend.

Thank you for loving us.

 
By the edge of a woods, at the foot of a hill,
Is a lush, green meadow where time stands still...
...For here, between this world and the next,
Is a place where each beloved creature finds rest.

From The Rainbow Bridge 

2 comments:

  1. O, so sad. I'm sorry for the loss of your beloved dog. This was very heart breaking. I too have a dog. It scares me so much to think of the day I will have to say good by to my Gizmo. I thank you for your in put of how scotty dealt with it. "There is nothing to be sad about." I do believe that we will all one day be with God in heaven. Yes even our little beloved dogs will enter into the kingdom of god.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. We are still sad she was the sweetest most loving dog♥

      Delete