Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Return to Neverland

     How can an ordinary afternoon turn into something magical?  It's easy when you live with the boy who will never grow up. Saturday we had the profound pleasure to travel to the second star on the right and straight on 'til morning and into Never Never Land with our Peter Pan.  Usually our adventures to this magical place are limited to the parameters of our imaginations as we try to imagine this place where Scotty lives...a  place we will never really be able to see.

     So for two and a half hours we joined our boy in his happy place as he watched a much loved movie come to life...a movie he has watched hundreds of times.

      His face lit up as Peter Pan flew onto the stage showering everyone with pixie dust.  Indians and pirates filled the music hall and Scotty sat on the edge of his seat anxiously anticipating the arrival of each new character. He knew all the parts and he acted out what he could right along with the characters. 

    I watched  his beautiful face...a face that looks very little like that of a twenty-five year old man and much more like that of a young boy and was in awe as I witnessed just how easy it is for him to still believe in magic.  This man/boy clapped his hands furiously, fully believing that his claps had the power to bring Tinkerbell back to life.

    I was once again struck by the reality that this boy of ours will NEVER grow up. As Peter Pan says, never is an awfully long time, but like Peter this beautiful boy of ours will always need a mother.  He will always need someone to read him stories and tuck him in at night and of course he will need someone to make him pockets.

     So on a Saturday afternoon we rode along with Scotty on a grand adventure as we clapped our hands and for a little while we believed in fairies too.  Our adventure took us to the place where Scotty lives...the place where Scotty can fly.

“For to have faith, is to have wings"





     My friend Margie has a saying, "It's so cool to be me!"  She proclaims it anytime a tiny slice of wonderful appears in her world and it could be something as simple as holding a friends baby, having her children under her roof or simply watching a movie with her husband...it is all the same.  She finds small moments every day to celebrate.

     That is exactly what Scotty brings to us...a million small moments each day to celebrate. So on an ordinary Saturday afternoon as we visited Never Never Land with our very own Peter Pan, it was pretty cool to be us!

     Even now as I finish this up, Scotty is sitting next to me playing a game on his IPAD with his little hand resting on my leg and patiently awaiting any opportunity for me to stop typing so he can hold my hand.  As I sit here a bit teary-eyed I realize once again just how very, very cool it is to me♥

                   
                                                        

P.S. I am highlighting an old blog each week because I so many new readers.  This week I chose Never Never Land.  If you would like to read it CLICK HERE.

P.S.S.  In an upcoming blog I want to discuss sleeping issues.  Please email me any questions you might have and any ideas for getting these angels to sleep.  Hopefully we can compile a blog full of useful tips for those searching for answers.  I would also like to add some pictures of our angels when they are sleeping. 
Please email me at sandboxmoments@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment