Wednesday, February 26, 2014

ENOUGH


 

ENOUGH
sufficient, acceptable, full, abundant,
over-flowing, plentiful, unlimited,
cup runs over with

I have recently started using the word "ENOUGH"
often and with great purpose,
although not in the way one might suspect.
Not in the ENOUGH IS ENOUGH
or
the I HAVE HAD ENOUGH way.

It is the kind of ENOUGH that 
Mother Teresa speaks of in the above quote.
The kind of ENOUGH that lets me find
moments of blessing in  
 every single day.

It is the kind of ENOUGH that reminds me 
that I don't need anything 
more than what I have right now.
 Now is ENOUGH.


It is the kind of ENOUGH that makes my heart
beat in a rhythm of calmness and contentment. 


It is the kind of ENOUGH that fills my soul 
with gratefulness and peace.

ENOUGH.

I love this photo.
It is us in a flower pot.
Lopsided, misshapen, battered, gnarled,
and moving in a
completely different direction
than all the other trees...
Yet it continues to grow and thrive
despite its asymmetric and seemingly
unbalanced trunk.


 I have very rarely felt strong ENOUGH 
for my very out of the ordinary life,
but I have faith
like the little tree above,
that Steve and I are
 more than strong ENOUGH
to keep this whole thing from tipping over.


In turning my new philosophy into action I wanted
to share a wondrous moment of blessing.
An awe-inspiring moment of gratefulness.
An extraordinary moment of ENOUGH.


Monday is laundry day.
My usual routine is to fold all the laundry
and make piles on the couch to be carried upstairs later.
The other day as I waited on load four to dry
I decided to jump on the treadmill for the last ten minutes...
And Scotty let me...
Hmmm.....extremely unusual.


When the buzzer went off and I went to check 
the dryer and glanced at the couch.
It was completely empty?
There was not so much as a sock 
anywhere to be found.
I couldn't even wrap my brain around it.

 As I began to question my sanity I heard
Scotty galloping down the stairs
laughing and jumping up and down
with sheer happiness.
Clearly he was beside himself with excitement.


He grabbed my hand and dragged 
me upstairs where he proudly 
and with great flourish presented to me
  my previously neatly folded and sorted laundry...
 in a giant heap at the top of the stairs. 


His beautiful smile was literally from ear to ear. 
He wore his pride like a badge of honor.


He helped...
I didn't ask. I didn't beg. I didn't bribe.
My sweet little man, 
did something for me,
FOR ME
all by himself
and left us both laughing and 
jumping up and down
with sheer happiness.


And it was more than ENOUGH.
God has dealt graciously with me
and I have ENOUGH.
Genesis 33:12


A little shout out to all my fellow angel mamas 
who are having a difficult time right now...



 



But seek first His kingdom and 
His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.  
So do not worry about tomorrow; 
for tomorrow will care for itself. 
Each day has ENOUGH trouble of its own.
Matthew 6:33-34

3 comments:

  1. Love it! Made me smile about all that we are blessed with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Doris you are so encouraging and I appreciate it more than you will ever now. Peace to you my friend.

      Delete